Love as the Primary Energy: Simplification, Collaboration & Healing, with Howard Getson
In this edition of The Gravity Podcast, we meet Howard Getson, CEO of Capitalogix, and self-described simplifier. Howard’s entrepreneurial spirit burned bright, even in childhood, when his favorite toy was a cash register.
The tragic loss of his brother at a young age spurred him to realize two lifetime’s worth of achievements on his own. He started his first business in 6th grade, building and painting terrariums and selling them to local florists. Astonishingly, by age 23, he held both an MBA and a law degree.
Today, he’s the President and CEO of Capitalogix, a financial company that implements cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology in the creation and management of hedge funds and other trading opportunities. With his business acumen now channeled into understanding and putting new A.I. systems to use, we were thrilled to have the opportunity to speak with and learn from him.
He shares what he believes to be the four stages of A.I. application in business and how he thinks the technology will change and shape the future, both in the corporate landscape and in our day-to-day lives. Beyond that, there are countless inspiring messages to take from Howard’s story, from using businesses as a force for good, to the desire to leave the world a better place than when we started.
What Brett asks:
- [03:20] Tell me about your upbringing.
- [08:05] Where did your entrepreneurial spirit come from as a child?
- [25:30] How have leadership tools made you better at business?
- [30:00] How were you shaped by the childhood death of your brother?
- [38:30] And how did that affect your parents?
- [42:00] What goals did you commit to during your college years?
- [47:20] What can you tell us about your use of A.I. in the world of hedge funds?
Lessons for intentional living:
- The world has gone through something unprecedented over the last two years. As things finally begin to return to normal, we’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and with that, comes the opportunity to reflect on what we’ve learned and grow as individuals. The pandemic didn’t change us as people, but to many of us, it has revealed who we are at our core. Truly knowing who you are is one of the most valuable things in the world. Just as Howard identifies his biggest strength as his ability to simplify complex ideas, we should all focus and really figure out what it is that we do better than anybody else. That’s our unique selling point and that’s where we should focus our energies in order to create greatness.
- Grief is one of the worst things that a person can experience, but like all negative emotions, it’s something that we can redirect into something positive. Channeling loss into motivation can be a great way to cope with loss – just as Howard did by letting his grief drive him to prove himself and improve the world. We can’t let the past define our future. The best thing we can do is go out there and start making the changes we want to see.
- I truly believe that love is the most powerful energy in the world. It’s the force that binds us all together. Knowing the real power of love should influence all of our decisions, from the big ones to the small. Love is a beautiful thing, so let’s make as much of it and spread it as far as we possibly can!
- Text “gravity” to 972 992 1100 to receive free access to Howard Getson’s Weekly Newsletter
- Or simply subscribe to the Newsletter Here
- Capitalogix Official Website
- The Capitalogix Blog
- Howard Getson on LinkedIn
- Howard Getson on Twitter
Gravity is a production of Crate Media.